Has anyone heard of someone being on title for real property yet being evicted from that property

mockitaz

Asked by mockitaz at 3:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• only if there is a foreclosure. Who else would have the authority to have him/her evicted? I guess the health dept could do it if the property was condemned but other than that I can't imagine who could have the person evicted.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• another option is a lein or tax issue!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• And then there are code violations - if the house is condemned/unsafe/etc
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There are any number of reasons a person who is on a title can be evicted from a property. Some have been listed here, committing a crime on the property. If the government can prove that they really really really need your land for a highway or something...but in that case they have to pay you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If the home is in foreclosure, the Health Department deems it uninhabitable, if the home is in probate, or if the ownership is somehow contested it could happen. Property can also be seized for back taxes or because it was used to commit a crime.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Eminent domain means that the government really owns all the property in the US and that property can be seized. And no the US does not always pay fo that property. When the State widen the road in front of my father's farm, they took 6 feet along his entire road front and did not pay him a dime.

When siblings want to sell property inherited from parents but one does not agreed to sell, the others can go to court and force the contesting one to sell, which is a form of eviction. Especially if that was the one living in the house. and believe me I have seen it happen and the poor old lady was forced into a nursing home.
    Faulty title searchs can cause the current owner to be evicted from their property because not all of the legal owners of that land were found to sign the deed. Meaning the people who sold you the property did not own it entirely.

depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ex. A person living with a parent & step parent. They are older and the person is caring for them. The parent passes away leaving the property to the child..........BUT the step parent has a life estate in the property...meaning they cannot be forced to move. They can however force the inheriting child to move from the property.

I saw this happen while I was working trusts.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Never heard of it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010