Do you have a family member who has hurt you very badly emotionally?

I do. This person has done some very bad things to me and dh as well. We do not speak to each other. The bad thing is we live in the same town. I see her at least once a month(small town) and I always pretend like I don't see her but on the inside of me I'm broken. I wish I could move but dh's job is a really good one and requires we stay here. How do I get over the things she's done? I have nightmares almost every night about what she (and her husband too)has done for the last 9 and a half years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I have 4 SIL's that have been perfectly awful to me since I moved to their town 7 years ago. I have to see them on occasion, and it sucks. I've just decided that I'm not going to let them be significant in my life, I don't even think about them. You may want to consider counseling to deal with the issues, it sounds like they were pretty awful if you are having nightmares.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes i have and that is my mother sadly yes well its such a long story and dont really wanna say or talk much about it but yea well all i can really say is yes of cause and this has lead me into depression. hmm and still have it its awefull i stressed me out that much
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 3:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, my aunt, but she's now past away from a very painful death which was extremely sad to watch. I don't know what you believe but whenever someone hurts me I pray for them and just talk to God about how I feel. I believe that no one ever gets away with anything so they will get what's coming to them. And praying for them brings forgiveness and healing to my heart and mind. Otherwise you may need some counseling.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• YES. And I dont talk to anyone in my family anymore.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• NO, unless you would count my SO whom I and our son reside with for now. I lost touch with my adopted family when my mom and dad died. But I have just recently got back in touch with my mother and met my father for the first time ever. I am hoping to spend some time with them over the holidays. been without parents for about 18 years now!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes. My suggestion is to get counseling for yourself. You don't need to talk to someone you don't want to talk to. But, it is much easier to forgive someone than to hold onto that anger and let it fester. See someone and get it out of your system, you'll feel much better promise. :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She also has lied and turned my own mom and dad against me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• would love to see a therapist but it's not affordable
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2010