Confused About Keeping This Pregnancy

Im 22 (So That's A Decent Age, I Suppose) And I Have A Very Supportive Boyfriend That Has No Problem Taking On The Responsiblities Of Parenthood And We Are Very Much In Love (No Problems There).
I Just Don't Know If I Can Go Through With Actually Having A Child Yet I Kinda Don't Want An Abortion. I Know Parenting Would Be Hard So Im Not Expecting It To Be Easy But Right Now I Have No Job And No Car. I Feel Like People Will See Me As A Loser.
I Have Every Intention And Am Trying On Getting My Life Back On Track (Job, Car) But It Is Sooo Hard To Get A Job Right Now. Also, My BF Is Also In The Same Situation. But We Are Both Going To School.
I've Never Seen Anyone Say They Regret Having Their Child Dispite Any Adversities They Faced.
I Have No Idea What To Do...Any Advice?
Also, If I Do Decide To Go On w/The Pregnancy...How Do I Tell My Dad!! I Don't Want Him To Be Disappointed.
Any Advice Would Be WELL Appreciated!!!

TrixyKing

Asked by TrixyKing at 4:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Keep the baby definitely!!!! Darling, NO ONE is 100 % prepared for a baby, even if it's baby #5 and the couple has been married for 20 years! If you don't keep the baby it will tear you up every time you see oe. You'll wonder what it would have looked liked. Get a job at Walmart or McDonalds or wherever you have to. It will be ok!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I apologize but I just cannot get past the fact that you capitalized every single word in that long ass paragraph(????)
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I suggest you (the incubator) do as you wish, it is really your choice and yours only!!! That is just the truth of the matter in plain english.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• LOL @TruthTeller. Its An Odd Habit. Everyone Always Points It Out. Im SO Used To It. It's Actually Hard For Me NOT To Do It. Now, ADVICE! haha

@SweetLoveOfMine Ahhh Im Only About 5 Weeks Preg And Im Freaking Out. Ive Had A HARD Year. I Lost Who I Was. Car, Job, Friends. The Only One That's Stuck Around Is My BF (Whom Is My Best Friend For 5 yrs). My Parents Have Been INCREDIABLY Supportive But I Feel Like This Pregnancy Would Just Push It! I Feel Like My Dad Would Think Im Not Going To Do Anything With My Life. Which Is SO Untrue. Im Not Very Maternal. Think Of Me As Miranda From Sex And The City...But SHE Ended Up Happy w/Her Baby. UGH! Also, Maybe A Baby Would Help Me Grow Up. Ohhh. Gesh. I Have No Idea.
    TrixyKing

Comment by TrixyKing (original poster) at 4:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You can carry it and then give birth and see how you feel. If you think it's not going to work out you can give it up for adoption. There are lots of women who can't conceive and are hurting because they want a baby.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• @ SweetLoveOfMine IF You Don't Mind Me Asking, How Old Are You/How Old Were You When You Had Your First Child.
    I Feel Like 22 (Soon To Be 23) Isn't TOO Young To Be A Mommy. And I Know I'd Have SO Much Help.
    I Think The Hardest Thing Is Just Accepting This New Life Change AND Telling My Dad!! ahhh! Im Dreding That. He's The Greatest Dad In The World But I Fear He'd Be Disappointed. I Know He Wants SO Much For Me, As Do I. Ahhh.
    TrixyKing

Comment by TrixyKing (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Give it to me. Me and my girlfriend want a baby.

But really, since you're unsure about an abortion, just don't do it. You won't want to regret it. Look into adoption as an option and give yourself time to make a decision though your pregnancy. You'll figure it out, and you'll have a lot of ladies here to help you out along the way. Whatever you do though, keep the baby in mind first. Do what's best for him/her.
    ModernMoonlight

Answer by ModernMoonlight at 5:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was 21 when I had my 1st and 24 with the 2nd. It's an adjustment regardless of age with a new baby.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If your dad is the greatest dad in the world, as you say, he will be there for you even though he might be disappointed at first. Just accept the fact it might take time for him to accept the situation. You can still get your education even if it is some now and some when the baby gets older. Think of all your possibilities and options. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was 17 when i had my DD.l I never once thought about abortion...i was still in high school,i was a baby having a baby. But i made the adult decision to have sex and i got pregnant . I think abortion is cruel. If you were to get one you would never forgive your self. I had a miscarriage back in July and it was so heartbreaking. You right now being 5 weeks along, your baby has a heartbeat. It is a baby...really think about things. If you dont want the responsability of taking care of a child just carry it and put it up for adoption...i would love to have another baby,as would other women in this world. I wish you the best of luck!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010