(Not to sound morbid) but at your death do you want to be cremated or buried?

Any specific reasons for your answers?
I want to be cremated - simply stated... the cost! I would rather my family keep the money they would expend on funeral and burial expenses. Have a memorial and use the money for expenses for needed things!

gambilldl

Asked by gambilldl at 5:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• I feel the opposite of hibbingmom. I always see my relatives (esp my mom) worrying about getting to the cemetery to change the flowers and it seems like it is almost a chore for her sometimes. Like she feels guilty if she can't get there to change them on time before the holiday or before the lawncare man tosses the old ones out. I want to be cremated b/c I don't want people to feel like they "have" to come take care of my tombstone. Besides, what if my children move out of state and then no one will really be around to visit me anyway.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• undecided. I will most certainly die before my DH so I guess whatever he can afford & emotionally handle. I'd like to have a place for flowers/visitors. my moms parents are both sitting on a dusty shelf in expensive urns.... creepy and emotionless. you forget they're in there sometimes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Undecided
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated-b/c I don't wanted to confined I still want to explore after I have passed on
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated lots of reasons, though there is that just because I strongly feel that way part of it, too. It is something I am adamant about, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be cremated, but now I think I just want to get buried in a pine box like the Amish. Not embalmed or anything.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would like to be cremated or have a natural burial (no embalming or coffin, just wrapped in a sheet and put in teh ground).
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would like to be cremated and have a fancy black and red urn.And then i would like some of my ashes sprinkled in New york because i love it there.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010