WYR be buried or cremated? Why? adult content

I am going to be cremated, simply stated... b/c of cost.
I would rather leave the money expended on funeral expense to those I love so they could use it now. Just have a simple memorial and do not make others "rich" off me when I go.

gambilldl

Asked by gambilldl at 5:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in

• Cremated...because I plan on donating whatever organs are still viable, the cost is much less, and hubby and I aren't sure where we will live when we're retired. When we do move to our final city/state, we want to be buried together, and so having either one's ashes means we can purchase a family plot and all be together.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated. I also do not like the idea of spending so much money. Also, I think seeing someone in a casket can be traumitizing. I also just don't like the idea of being in the ground.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated. I don't want to rot in a box, simple as that.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I choose cremation too! It does not cost a lot plus it does not take up a ton of room on this earth!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated. Why take up space in the ground? Instead of having a bunch of cemeteries all around, they could use that land for something else. I also think that getting a box to rot in is just wasteful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Creamated......lower cost and i dont not want to take up space where a tree could be planted or something else.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated. The land is for the living and far too much of it is taken up by bones in boxes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• cremated here too...but only b/c I don't want people feeling like they have to take flowers to the cemetery all the time...my mom is always worried about the flowers at the cemetery for her family members
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Cremated because hubby and I want our ashes mixed together and then spread out over the ocean.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• cremated.For the reasons others gave

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

Next question in
Sam or Dean?

Next question overall (Home & Garden)
What household chore do you hate most?