Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help us asap

I posted a Question on here last night and many of you that helped said to get a blood test. Which is what me and my boyfriend decisided to go do. But now here is the problem we are 18 and 19 years old with no money at the moment. Does anyone know where we can get this blood test done for free? We live in IL. And we also heard something about planned parenthood. Can someone tell us what that is all about to. Please this would really help us out so much, I could be 4 months pregnant and I have yet to see a doctor, SO this could help us out so much.

Answer Question

Asked by mommy2be423 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Health dep.

    Answer by robinalbright at 12:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • y r u tryin to make a baby if u dont have money for a blood test? u should have thought this over.. go get on medicaid!!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Most places wont do a blood test without a doctors order. Just a thought.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Planned Parenthood offers services to men and women on a sliding scale depending on income and insurance. they offer birth control, prenatal care, urine/blood pregnacy test, annual pap smears, testing for infections and diseases, etc. That is some of what they do. Look them up and find one in your area.

    Answer by vroberts3677 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • As far as I know in my area planned parent hood & health dept. only do pee tests. they dont do prenatal care. maybe my state is weird. and most dr. offices wont just do a blood test because you ask. they are more expensive. they always do a pee test first. anywho, if you think you are 4 mo. preg. then umm have you just went & bought a test at the store yet?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • in illinois you can go to a dr and if you are pg you can get medicade which will pay for 2 months back from when you get it.

    Answer by duckey060504 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • to: anony (at the top

    yes we did take a test came out neg...... but i really have a feeling that i am. and this was not a planned pregnancy with my boyfriend. I am 18 years old. and i am a stronger believer on keeping the baby. I can not stand abortion or adobtion So that is why i am in this predicatment.

    Answer by mommy2be423 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Health Department or Planned Parenthood. I would lean more toward Planned Parenthood. PP help with everything from blood test to birth control to taking about your future as adoption, abortion or keeping the baby. They find out your needs and desire and there to assist you. When I became pregnant with my #1 child at 15...they were a great resource. PP I find to be a non-judgement service to the community.

    Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 9:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.