DO you love or hate the crockpot? have a fave website or cookbook?

in laws gave me one (didnt know i had given mine away the year before since i never used it). i have used this one 3 times in 2 years. ugh i am a vegetarian and i find all recipes to be meat friendly. i think it is a great idea but i dont love the appliance!

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love it! For vegetarians, try The Green's Cookbook. Most of the soup, stews and casserole recipes can be adapted for crock-pot use. I can even do hot cereals in the crock-pot.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I love it. I would use it to cook every meal if I could. Yes, I have several cookbooks that I use for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my attempts at crock pot cooking have all been desiastourous. If you know how to use iit its a good applyance, but Its not for me.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 7:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have a few, but I rarely use them. I prefer to use the oven. I think that veggies especially taste better roasted or braised.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I <3 My CrockPot!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I LOVE it. For vegetarians, hit the Moosewood cookbooks. Anything that is a casserole can be put in a crockpot.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i love it!!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I love it, it's great for savory soups...you can make vegetarian friendly soups and stews, I love allrecipes.com
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010