How much of your day do you spend in the kitchen?

Every morning I get the kids ready for school, take them to the bus, and then spend the rest of my day in the kitchen (or it feels that way!).

I make breakfast for my youngest when I get home, then for my SO, then breakfast #2 for my youngest... THEN he has a snack, then lunch around 1. My older 2 get home by 2:40 and they all need a snack. By 4 it is time to prep supper, but my SO usually gets in late so I have to get his ready, then put his lunch up for the next day.

I think I spend more time in the kitchen then any other room of the house!

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 6:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cook up a bunch of stuff and freeze it. Put it in individual meal sizes. Then when someone is hungry, microwave and call it done!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I take probably about 15 min to make breakfast and then I clean it up (5 min). Maybe 5 min to make lunch, then clean that up and 20-35 min to make dinner and then clean that up. Sometimes I make cookies or something, but not that often.

Mama2lm

Answer by Mama2lm at 7:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I spend a lot of the day in the kitchen as well!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Depends on the day, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 1/2 my day since I'm pregnant, I'm always in there searching for something to snack on or cooking something up lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I spend all day in the kitchen it seems. I was just discussing it with DH last night too! I make a warm breakfast every day, cook lunch since DH comes home to eat and then I cook dinner. All day every day I am in that kitchen, unless I get wrapped up in a good book and tell them all to figure out something on their own for once. lol
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• about 15 minutes in the morning before work and 15 minutes in the evening after work...just me-the DH works nights.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Some days very little, some days quite a lot! I have a very small kitchen though, with not a lot of counter space, so some days I do a lot of my prep work, or I use my crock pot or roaster or other bigger things like that in another room (usually the dining area) but I still consider myself "in the kitchen" since I'm doing kitchen-y stuff!
    Anonymous

• depends on the day! I don't have the time to spending in the kitchen
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I spend about 20 mins in the morning, 20 mins in afternoon (if I am having lunch at home) and maybe 35-45 mins in the evening doing dinner.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010