Ear piercing

I had my ears pierced 9 years ago. They said to turn the earrings everyday for 6 weeks, add some rubbing alcohol, then the studs could come out and I could wear regular earrings. Had this done at Claire's. So I did just that and right away noticed it was difficult to get earrings in. I asked my mom who had pierced ears for decades and she said she never had a problem with hers. So after a bit I stopped wearing them because it was so frustrating to get them in. Now they are grown up in the backs of my ears and the fronts still have a bit of a hole. I would really like to wear earrings again and not have a problem with them. Should I go someplace different to have them pierced? Should I leave the studs in for longer? How can I be sure person will pierce in the already holes? I don't want to have 2 holes in each ear extremely close together because they can't aim with a "gun".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would call around and ask for a place that does not use a gun. I had mine done in a doctor's office and they used a needle. Everyone's ears are different and you might have to wear earrings almost everyday to keep your holes open. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would have kept studs in longer! I too have to clean every earring that I put in my ears every time, I usually use whitchazel. My ears are sensitive!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 7:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you still have your studs you can push them through the back of your ear. I would keep so type of earing in your ear all the time. Make sure that you clean your ears and the earrings before and after you put them in and take them out. You can also if you don't still have your studs buy the studs from the places in the mall that do the piercing without them piercing your ears.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 9:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ive of kept studs in longer too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would try to push open the backs myself with a stud-type earring and then graduate to a bigger gauge stud to ensure the opening is a bit bigger - this will probably take you a lil time (around 3 months or so) so you will need to be vigilant and patient with your ears. But, it sounds like you needed a wider opening - you can do this on your own - like I stated, but just keep it clean.
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The gun is like taking a shot gun to your ear. I would try to find someone that does not use a gun. It will be a lot easier to get the holes in the same place too. Good luck.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you really do not want to feel anything...you can numb your ears with ice cubes first then try to push the studs back in... usually from the back works best.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Pop the earring through the hole you have and open the back back up. Should get better with time
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would get them pierced in the same spot.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010