What would you buy your nieces boyfriend who is 17 and you have NEVER met!?

She is bringing him for Christmas so I feel like I should have something for him to open. My niece tells me he has never had a family Christmas before so I want this to be special. I bought him a little tin of chocolates and a $5 starbucks card. SO $10 total. I spent about $30 on my niece total. Is this good you think?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• I would of just got him a gift card.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think that sounds great - it's very thoughtful of you to include him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• thats fine until me and my hubby got seriouse my family never got him anything but maybe something really small like chocolate
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think you did a wonderful thing buying him something, especially if he has never had a real family Christmas. It is the thought that counts and he will always remember that you included him in your family.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think it was nice you buying him something. I personally think it is plenty for someone you have never met. However, if you aren't comfortable with giving him that, why not ask your niece?
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You are VERY considerate! Especially since you have never met him! YOU GO GIRL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think your gift idea sounds great, especially with him being someone you have never met he'll be rather surprised that will surely make his Christmas.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 8:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Is he interested in sports~~cars? Maybe get him something related to that? ((Hugs)) to you for thinking about him~~I'm sure whatever you decide on will be appreciated by him
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 8:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think that sounds great. It's very sweet and thoughtful of you to include him. He will really appreciate it, it will help to make him feel like part of the family.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't know of any 17 year old that wouldn't like a gas gift card.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010