Top scientist resigns from post – admits Global Warming is a scam

Nice little piece of info but how much uproar will this cause? None?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My 7 yr old figured out GW awhile ago, and she aint no " scientist".
    I've always said it was a hoax, and I aint no scientist either.
    Where's Al Gore?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've never bought into the theory, but people are making billions of dollars scaring people into believing it. This will be glossed over in the media, I bet it won't even make the evening news.

In the UK, one of the laboratories noted for collecting the data was found to have "made up" temperatures and some other statistics when they weren't available for particular years. That's not science. That story didn't make the mainstream news, I heard about it on NPR.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't think one (pretty much unknown to most people) man's comment is going to sway millions of people's opinions.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

That's what people used to think about Beck, Hitler and Moore...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It might cause a small uproar, but those that are completely committed to climate change will poo-poo the resignation. They will find another way to smear him and make his leaving about something having nothing to do with studying the climate. I predict it will be a sex scandal / affair smear.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think smart people would be putting up billboards with the most pertinent quotes out of this guys letter on them. We don't need the guy we just need to get his words out
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• His admission is a slam to some peoples religion. They will just vilify him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• what else would you expect climateprogress.org to say about him? LOL. Predictable.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It might cause a small uproar, but those that are completely committed to climate change will poo-poo the resignation

The resignation of one scientist, who isn't even a CLIMATE scientist, is a major historical event?

popcorn

Seriously, though, there is no such thing as "Global Warming" unless you're Al Gore.  There is climate change - the question is whether you're so egotistical to believe you can actually impact the natural climate change cycle that's gone on and been documented over several million years.  Climate changes due to precession, and will continue to do so on a 28k year cycle long after we're dead.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2010