What do you think of...

book banning?

In this day and age? really? With all the multimedia access? Couldn't the person just get the book (or movie or whatever) online from somewhere where it isn't banned?

I think its an outdated practice and that the people who use it aren't thinknig of the bigger modern day picture. MHO

I do understand and support its purpose but more needs to be done than just saying "It isn't allowed"... at least in today's world.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I tink its a wasted effort. and extremely outdated.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't agree with book banning. There have been some great books that have been banned all because of close minded people.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes , you could do that
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• the thing is- where do you draw the line on what gets banned, you know?

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• With the Nook you can even download books, nothing physical, so it just doesn't seem to cover all the bases. The rule needs updating. That worked 20-30 years ago.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't like censorship at any level, but I could see banning a sexually explicit book from an elementary school. So, I don't know where the line should be drawn.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• problem being are books like Anime that look very innocent and librarians don't take the time to peruse every book. Some of these books will have inappropriate pictures or drawing in them that you simply let the librarians know about and they'll decide to pull them or not.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think its a wasted effort on the part of the "Benners" if its that easy to get around. All its going to create is a bunch of "under-the-table" maneuvers by people to get what they want.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010