For moms that are into fitness

Do you work out in the morning or the evening?

tamara0567

Asked by tamara0567 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Morning is the best time, it sets the day for continuing calorie burning.

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Always the morning, need to get it out of the way.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I always try to work out in the early morning before any one gets up. Sometimes it doesn't wrk out like that though. lol
    tamara0567

Comment by tamara0567 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Right before lunch. The childcare (and machines!) at the gym is much less busy, so they are less likely to turn me away or crab at me (I used to take 3 kids, so it was a big deal to them, and my youngest is a handful!). I like to exercise during my kids' classes and before picking my daughter up at school. And I find I tend to eat a much healthier lunch after exercising.

For some reason, I can't seem to exercise well in the mornings. Even if I have eaten a healthy breakfast an hour earlier, drunk lots of water, I can't get going- can't lift as much, lose it on the aerobic machines, etc. Any other time of day other than mornings (any time from about 10am on) is good, except late afternoon/evenings are really busy and I'm so tired at night that I just don't go out at 9pm to do it. Anybody else have the can't work out in the morning issue?
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I usually workout out around 10 AM or so. Get the kids off to school, DH off to work, then sit down and get a bit of a nutritious breakfast. After that, I'm ready to roll! I find if I get delayed and can't do it in the morning, I have a difficult time getting it done. I just don't do well in the afternoons as far as exercise goes. The only exception is in the springtime, when it might be cold in the mornings but the afternoons are pleasant--then I might go for a run in the afternoon. But for indoor exercising, I gotta do the mornings.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• both. every morning before breakfast i do 45 min of cardio then at night i go to the gym for 2 hours and do 30 min of cardio, an hour of strength training and 30 min of yoga. a couple times a week there is a long walk or a couple mile run in the afternoon in between my morning and evening work outs
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• it is better but if not in the afternoon
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have to go at night, when DD is sleeping and SO is home.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2010