Late Period

have any of you ladies gone off birth control and had a normal period after then had a late period the following month? I suppose to start about this time and I havent yet...

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 8:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• Besides the withdrawal period you have right after stopping pills, I went another nine months without a period after coming off the pill- my body didn't start ovulating on it's own again after coming off the bcp. After nine months I finally saw my doctor and took progesterone to jump start a period and clomid to ovulate. If it's the first month your body could still be adjusting, but if it continues next month I would see your doctor because your body might not be self-regulating again without the pills.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It can take a few months for your cycle to return to normal after being on birth control.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• btw....i was only on the pill for 4 days bc it made me rlly sick
    TiffanieAnn

Comment by TiffanieAnn (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It can take a while for things to get back to normal.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010