What's on your P&CE Christmas list?

I ripped this from by former priest's weekly blog.

"Herewith my Christmas list. I want for:

+ The president of the United States to announce the prompt withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan with some significant portion of the $190 million a day that war costs to be redirected to the relief of poverty here and abroad;

+ The newly victorious Republicans to surrender to the human impulse of generosity, that economic justice may roll down like waters and right-thinking like an everlasting stream;

+ The fascists of Hamas and their counterparts in Iran and sworn enemies in Israel to stand down and consent to an outbreak of peace; and finally + The hate mongers in such places as Uganda and the Sudan to forego their zeal for war and carnage."

http://www.harrytcook.com/

Can't wait to hear what you gals are hoping for this year...

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    ugh...politics are soooo boring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I would like every politician in office to actually represent their constituents rather than follow a political agenda. Pretty sure I'm going to have nothing under my tree from them this year! (Or any year.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• -For the anon button to be disabled

-For people in both parties to learn how to research and read BEFORE they open their mouths (keyboards, legislative notebook, committee session, etc)

-For those who are too stubborn or lazy to do so to at least learn the wisdom of Franklin, that it is better to be remain silent and be thought a fool than to open their mouths and remove all doubt.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• -for ppl to realize their side is just as stupid and corrupt as they think the other side is.
    -that while the ppl in office are greedy jerks they arent out to destroy this country...they just disagree w/ whats best for it.
    -that ppl would realize Obama isnt a Muslim just b/c their email told you so.
    -Palin would officially retire from all politics and just be a TV celeb/spokesperson.
    -for ppl to realize that not all Republicans are uber Christian nut jobs and not all Democrats are bleeding-heart douchebags.
    -ppl would stop voting for candidates just b/c the candidate claims to share their religious beliefs.

looks like Santa's got his hands full...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would like our current President and Congress to remember they work for us.

I would like our current President and Congress to keep in mind the money I earn is mine not theirs. When I hear some politicians speak I feel like they really think the money is theirs and they are being generous in allowing me to keep 70 percent of it.  I pay in my fair share and don't like being demonized for doing well in life. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• For people to realize that "debate" does not equal call eachother names. When you can't dispute the facts grow up and admit don't attack the messenger.

I want our elected officials to realize it's hard earned money they are spending and using it responsibly is their duty as our representatives. When their constituents make it clear what our will is, it needs to be honored.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• okmanders, that was a great list!!! I agree. Can I borrow it? ;-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I also agree with the Harry, the priest's list...the one in the question...
    (and I agree that the ANON function needs to be disabled, eliminated. I want to see who the"chicken anon" is who is harassing me and other Democrats...hehe...
    Although ,seeing that the "chicken anon" IS chicken, she won't dare reveal who she is....bwaaaaackkk...)

Seriously,though, I do agree with the points the former priest made ...
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I wish, that for just ONE day, every person on the planet could be as happy and blessed as I am.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I like that lovinangels.
    Me too. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010