when did you change your little girls earrings for the first time?

I had my dd' s ears pierced on her first birthday and that was in march and i wasn't sure if its 6months or you have to wait a whole year until you can change the earrings and put different ones.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• u can after 6 weeks I thought....it was really hard to get them off too
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 6 weeks? wow. i think my place told me 6months or a year. so that way they wouldn;t close up. in that case i can put on new ones in. thanks
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• They recommend six weeks. My DD changed hers after eight weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• cool. thanks. i want to get cute litlte disney ones or even hello kitty or something.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 6 weeks, just keep an eye on her ears to make sure she isn't allergic to the metal of the earring. My daughter got her ears pierced at 2 weeks and we didn't change her earings for probably 5 years.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• when you took her to get them done they should have told you 6 weeks. What is also important to remember is that though you can CHANGE them at 6 weeks it is important not to leave them out longer than 24 hours until after a whole year
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Like everyone else said you can change them after 6 weeks. Make sure you clean the new ones with alcohol before you put them in.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• oh i thought they told me six month. yeah its been 9months. i am going to change them to christmas earrings. oh that is what i think i got confused with the year. not to take them out and leave them out until after a year. well we got real gold so she is ok and i know when i first got them done i cleaned them for 6 weeks. thanks ladies! i will change them this weeekend so she is all set for christmas week.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There aunt got them pierced when they where three..So we changed them after a couple months.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 6 - 8 weeks
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2010