does your baby cry in his sleep?

My 5 month old son was just crying so I thought he had woke up from his nap so I went to get him, but he was still sleeping. His lip was quivering and he was crying, but his eyes were shut. Does your baby do this? What do you think the reason for this? Is he having bad dreams?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 9:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter does that! she is 10 months old she has always done it! i think they just need to hear something so they cry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son is 2 months old and he has done it since birth. Sometimes he just whimpers other times he bursts into tears and stays sound asleep. I think its nightmares because he is a very happy baby and doesn't generally cry any other time. It is heartbreaking to watch though.
    SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 9:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My almost 3 year old has always cried in his sleep, I've never understood it. Even when he was little. It didn't bother me so much then, lol, although it scared me a lot of the time, especially when I couldn't get him to stop and he was still sleeping, lol. But he still does it, and I just don't understand why... Maybe its because he doesn't feel me next to him when he rolls away (we co sleep, DH works nights), idk...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my son has done that since birth and it scares me to death he is 17 months now and not a night goes by without it.. its nightmares. if u are into them get your child a dreamcatcher it might help.
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Hm I don't know, but just an idea, you may want to research night terrors.

I'm sure it helps to see you're not alone though!

Good luck :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My youngest had night terrors until he was almost 10. I myself cry in my sleep and I'm OLD according to my kids LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• When my kids were little they did that sometimes and being such a softy that I'am I would talk to them softly and tell them everything is okay and ever so gently carress their face and hands without waking them. It worked everytime.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• bump
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2011