'Lie Of The Year': Democrats Want A 'Government Takeover Of Health Care'- thoughts?

Do you believe that Obama wants the government to take over health care?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/12/17/132132064/lie-of-the-year-democrats-want-a-government-takeover-of-health-care?ft=1&f=1001

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course it's all true. President Obama wants complete control over everyone and everything in the country. He's evil incarnate and clearly wants to euthanize everyone who's sick or old. He's a Socialist and a Communist and a dictator.  I don't know how he can be all those things, but read through the "questions" in this section, and if you lack any functioning brain cells, you'll see how the president is out to get us all.  He also hates Christians and is fronting the war on Christmas.

That's why I'm heading out today to buy special Christmas presents for all of my family--industrial-strength tin-foil hats.  It may be the only thing that saves us from the impending complete government take-over of everything that makes us individuals.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It will be relying on companies brought on and following the governments rules. They will tell them what they can do and what they can't. If they don't follow the rules they will be kicked out of the Obama exchange. Total control is what they are aiming for and I find it ridiculous you would even dispute that. They knew the people would not accept it but they will continue to nudge them toward their end goal of government control of health care.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Let's see.... Who is taking over control of the ObamaCare health insurance mandate ? Ohhh right? The IRS. Who has established that the IRS should control the mandate? Ohh right Obama and democrats.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

•  Do you know where I can buy quality tin-foil hats for my family? 

Same place you got your rose colored glasses js

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Agree steph lol op gimmie just a little break! Most libs froth at the mouth for UHC they were pissed off because this bill just did not go far enough..however it is a step towards it.Reid wiped the bill though that had alot of funding for Ocare in it..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• DUH anonymous duh no shit..but it doesn't change the fact that because of certain provisions in the bill (which pelosi figured we didnt need to read just had to pass it to find out whats in it) will cause problems.Let me tell you TN tried something very similar to this with TNcare and employers just dropped their employees insur left and right leaving them to go onto the govy insur...almost bankrupted the state before it was overturned.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Lie of the year should be

Republicans would Fiscal Responsability and will BAN earmarks...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• banging head into wall

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• How was it a lie?

"You know we’re going to control the insurance companies". -- Joe Biden

"The time has come for universal health care in America," -- Barrack Obama

"The Medicare expansion would "perhaps get us on the path to a single-payer model." -- Anthony Weiner

There are plenty more, but you should get my point
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think Dems want it but know right now the masses don't. I think the current plan if allowed to continue will collapse things for everyone enough the masses will cry for gov to fix it then they can try to make us more like Europe. Funny many countries in Europe are struggling to pay for all their social entitlements and realize it is unsustainable. Craziness.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010