Soaking nails in acetone while pregnant?

I have the OPI gel nail polish that only comes of by soaking your nails in acetone for about 20 mins. I get my nails manicured with the gel polish every 2 wks and not sure of the danger the acetone might pose since it does seep right into skin. I am currently 7-8wks.

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be fine. I used to get my nails done every 2 weeks while pg with my daughter and she was perfect.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i dont think it would be any danger but try not to breath the fume for the actone
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 10:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't acetone cause Arthritis? I don't think soaking in the stuff is good for YOU long term.  When I remove nail polish (the regular type) I use acetone and a cotton ball.  I apply force and as it melts it rubs off.  It is only in contact with my cuticles and nails for a sort time.  I would never SOAK in it.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010