I can't believe this and I dont know what to do

I am in tears. We are renting a mobile home while we wait to move into our new home. Our neighbors at this rental property are the most awful people in the world. In July, they had a dog die from heat exhaustion from not having any shelter and water. They still had another dog that survived and ended up pregnant and just had puppies a couple weeks ago. I have kept an eye out on them and everything seems ok, even though the poor puppies and mom have been left outside in the cold. Neighbor's did put up a heat lamp. Last night mom kept barking. I thought nothing of it because she has in the past. She is still barking this morning and realized the puppies are not in the little plastic kennel anymore. I believe they have ventured out in the little fenced in yard and are in a corner where mom can't get to because she is tied up. She keeps barking into the corner where I believe they are. I tried calling animal control and they don't open until 12 on Fridays. I tried calling the sheriffs office and they won't do anything about it. I do not know these people and they are not friendly so I do not feel comfortable walking over there when i'm home alone with my son. I don't know what to do, this is so sad.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pets

• It may be uncomfortable, but you need to go over and knock on the door or go to the pen yourself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you don't want to go over there and take care of it yourself there isn't much you can do.. Try calling whoever manages the trailer park.. I don't understand why animal control doesn't have an emergency number.. I'm confused as to why animal control wasn't called before this, with one dog dead already..
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 9:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That is ridiculous. Animal Control should have removed the dog that survived after the other one passed due to their negligence. People like that do not deserve to have pets of any kind and I think they need to be shot. Makes me sick. Since the SO won't do anything, all you can really do at this point is wait for Animal Control to open. Very, very sad. I would definitely tell them about the other dog that was neglected, maybe they will remove mom and puppies. I wouldn't go over there. You have to take care of yourself and your child first.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you can't bring yourself to walk over there to try to help, then you'll just have to wait for Animal Control. And when you speak to them, you absolutely need to let them know (if you haven't already) that they are mistreating their animals. Tell them about the heat exhaustion incident and that the dogs are left outside in extreme weather conditions. Animal control may also offer them a free or discounted spay certificate if they don't take the dogs, so that at least maybe she'll get fixed instead of continuing to breed.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• im sorryThat does suck, I'm sorry.

bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Poor little puppies! I would try to go take care of it myself!!! If you dont feel comfortable..then definately call Animal Control as soon as they open, all though..they may take their sweet time getting out there. Poor dogs.. I hate people like that, it makes you wonder why do they even own a dog in the first place, if they're going to be cruel to it. :(
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would suggest going over anyway and just saying "Hey, I think the puppies have ventured out. Mom seems to be quite upset." And if they don't do anything about it, then call Animal control at 12. Which is a silly hour to open.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Call the Humane Society.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Go over there no matter how unfriendly they are, if you feel something is wrong then go over there even if it's just to tell them that the dog has been barking all night/morning. If they get unruley, you'll have the grounds to call the sheriff and actually get them out there. If you're not going to go over there & you still have time before the animal shelter opens, there isn't much more you can say or do. I'd go over there because I'd hate to find out those puppies died and could have gotten saved if I had done something beforehand. GL
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i know its scary but those pups might freeze before anyone comes for them if they havent already
    2milesboys

Answer by 2milesboys at 11:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010