Home remedies, natural cures. I've heard some things and I want other opinions.

Ok so my DD has done a number on my body. I'm still on the weight lose track (sooooooooooooooo HARD) but since having DD my face is a wreck...wreck I tell you. I went from a pimple here and there, to waking up to a whitehead and blackhead office party on my freaking face!!

Now I have tried Murad, Proactive, Clearasil, and a bunch of other things from my local store.

As of the past 3-4 months I have been hearing about more and more "natural" remedies. Put alcohol on it (uh, heck NO). Toothpaste; yes it dries it up but it sometimes makes it worse. I tried that OCM, worked wonders for 3 weeks and then I woke up to a face full (literally) of very small bumps. Not one part of my face was unaffected.

So Now i'm hearing..Lemon Juice and dove. Supposedly I am supposed to cleanse my face with Dove in the morning(no scrubbing it in or anything, just lather in hand, slather on face and rinse), apply lemon juice to entire face, let sit for a few minutes, then rinse off. Let it dry and apply a non-oily moisturizer. Then at night, I do the same but instead of rinsing off the lemon juice, I leave it on overnight.

What do you think girls....will it work? Are some of the things I listed as "natural" remedies sound a bit loco? What are some of the things you've heard or tried?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It can take a good while for your hormones to get back into balance. Loosing weight is going to factor into this as well as it releases hormones as you lose it. But I stuck with witch hazel to treat my face. I just wash my face with Dove's face wash and then rinse down with a witch hazel pad every morning. At night I just wipe down with another witch hazel pad. It may not prevent them but it clears them up faster. I don't use moisturiser at night unless my face feels really dry, but when I do I prefer Oil of Olay.

As to natural remedies, I'd rather use onion juice than lemon due to onion's antibacterial properties. Lemon juice is acidic, not astringent. If I was trying to bleach my face, I'd use lemon juice. I've heard of using potatoes. It's like using a mask, as the starch dries out it pulls moisture of your skin as well.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• not a home thing
    but can get at walgreens or other drug store

tea tree oil
    all natural, seems to help me, also used not only on pimples-for skin in general
    kind of pricey, sale on it, 25-30 bucks for two small bottles, but need very little
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Honestly I had a friend with a similar problem. I told her to put all the goop and creams away. I suggested she rinse her face with plain warm almost hot water and finish it with cold water for 2 weeks. I promise you will see a difference if you let your skin do it's job...sort of like your hair and jayjay...oo much fussing with it messes up the balance and just makes it worse.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've heard of lemon juice for blackheads,but it takes awhile. A gentle soap and warm/tepid water is the best preventative. i've got a few natural remedies, but only the one for blackheads uses lemon juice.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I live and breath by Oil of Olay products and good ole PLAIN water!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm all for "natural". Dove is one of the harshest soaps, despite its claims to the opposite. The only products I use on my face are a cleanser from Aubrey Organics (the cleanser alone works wonders; I often don't even need to apply moisturizer unlike everything else I've tried that leaves my skin tight) and extra-virgin, organic, hexane-free coconut oil. I truly believe that less is more AND that you need to use products that are free of petrochemicals, parabens, and other nasty stuff that will only make your skin worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• When did you have the baby? Your body might still be out of whack hormonally. Probable nothing will help until it all settles down. I used to put alcohol on my zits in HS. Just a dab with a q-tip. It worked.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Always use WARM water on your face. Hot/Cold can cause capillaries to break
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ok this is going to sound crazy but it works. I use it al the time. Its the 70% rubbing alachol and then add a teaspoon of cyanne pepper to the bottle. Shake before you use it. Put it on a cotton pad and clense your face give it a min then rince. I use it every night! Its a remedy my great great grandma used when she was a kid. (or at least thats what my grandma told me)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• WHEN DID YOU HAVE THE BABY?YOUR BODY MAY BE STILL OUT OF WHACK?IT MAY SOUND CRAZY BUT I KNOW WAT I
    AM SAING CUUSE I WAS OUT OF WHACK BUT I AM NT KNOW PROBABLE NOTHING WILL HELP UNTIL IT SETTLES DOWN............................................................?????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////
    lesiaphooh

Answer by lesiaphooh at 1:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010