What should i do when i put my daughter on her tummy she cries as soon as she is put down i dont know if it hurts her or if she just spoild

niah031

Asked by niah031 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she?
    Are you doing it right after she eats?
    A lot of babies hate tummy time because it is frustrating for them. They can't do much of anything, crying is normal.

Get on the ground with her during tummy time. Get some toys out to distract her. The longer she stays the better, and do it multiple (4-5) times a day.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If you pick her up and she stops immediately ...she is fine : ) I wouldn't use the term spoiled ...bc it sounds like she is a infant still & I don't think infants can be spoiled in my opionion. If you keep putting her on her tummy, just few a few minutes a few times a day ..after a week I bet she will stop crying. Also make sure you have some toys for her!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 1:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Both of my kids hated tummy time. I never forced the issue. They are both developmentally on track.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my dd, at 3 1/2 months is starting to like it a little more, now that she can do more, though it's definatly not her favorite thing to do. just be patient...
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my baby was just like that,u have to wait 30 mins after eating.keep doing it often.atleast once a day.let ur baby get use to it.get down on the floor with her and have toys down there.dont just sit the toys in front her face move them around for her.let her eyes follow them.it work for me.good luck that should work.
    marli08

Answer by marli08 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing, I started to put a book with lights and music in front of her or get down with my face in front of her and play peek-a-boo or just smile and talk to her and she would smile back.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• she is spoiled cuz my son is the same way.... drives me nuts!
    jsprout

Answer by jsprout at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• every one always swore on tummy time and i tried to do it as recommended by the doc and so forth and she honestly hated the heck out of it...so when she would do it was great but when she would cry i wouldn't force her to do it...she has developed on track and even ahead so i honestly wouldn't worry too much about it...if he/she can get on tummy time just for a few minutes that's great but i wouldn't worry yourself crazy about it...
    anabelsmommy08

Answer by anabelsmommy08 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• if your talking about doing tummy time let her do tummy time on your chest so she can see your face and when she is developed enough to start reaching for toys then try doing on the floor or an activity mat
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2008