If you were at work and DH stayed home...

Without any kids. If he asked you if you needed anything done, what would be on your honey-do list for today?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Probably mop the kitchen floor and make sure the dishes are done. Everything else I have a pretty good handle on or wouldn't want him to mess up LOL There's laundry that needs to be put away, but I would really like to be able to find my stuff when it's done and I'm not sure where most of my clothes would end up if I asked him to do it :) Usually it would be the garage, but he just did a kick-a$$ job of that when my parents were here last month so he's off the hook for awhile.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Laundry, dishes, dinner, cleaning, etc. Everything I didn't want to do. LOL
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• seriously, SAHDs do the same thing SAHMs do at home. Its the same chores just a different person doing it.

I wouldnt call him and ask him to do anything, I would expect him as an intelligent and able bodied adult to be capable of running the house, errands and school stuff without my supervision. Men aren't idiots that need us to watch them.

As long as its getting done, I got nothing to say about what he does during the day.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My hubby does stay home, due to a disability. He does exactly the same thing I did when I stayed home and he worked.
    RedRozeMom

Answer by RedRozeMom at 9:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Honestly, the only thing I would want him to do would be take out the trash. He does a half ass job on everything else, so I have found it easier for me just to do it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I guess he could put away the one load of laundry in the dryer.
    He could also put together the 2nd Big Wheel I bought for the kids.
    Otherwise, I have the house pretty well handled. He could relax.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Is this a one time thing? He could take care of the garbage/recycling, clean off the porch and put away his gear. Other than that, I dont care.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I usually do not ask him to do anything. I know it's not typical but we do not ask each other for favors unless tgere is some sort of time crunch and we really need help from one another.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• fix some of thing that need to be fix ex, lint door on dry , the knoble on the kids bedroom door.
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would hope he would be tuned in and do the jobs I have always done to keep the house running. I tried not to act like Mother and treat him with respect in hopes he would be the Man and show our children no work is womans work or mans work.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010