Pagan and Wiccans....

This Yule comes with an extra surprise. Solstice, Full Moon, ans Eclipse. Are you doing anything special?

How do you think this will affect spells?

palexander

Asked by palexander at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hadn't planned anything extra for solstice...I usually drink wine and build a fire.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Mmm, I am not even officially pagan or wicaan, and *I* am sure looking forward to this solstice! I noticed the full moon a little whle ago, and then just recently learned there will be a llunar eclipse that night as well! I am so excited! We will definitely celebrate, but not sure how yet...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Every full lunar eclipse for me is associated with my dog dying. She was 13 years old and died moments before a full eclipse. I had to walk out of the house after her passing and as I was standing outside I watched the moon disappear. I didn't even know it was going to happen. But to this day I think of her when there is an eclipse.

I won't do spell work on an eclipse. I just give thanks.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• So sorry to hear that.

I haven't done a lot of practicing since my dad died in Sept. 09. I guess I lost my way. But with full lunar eclipse and Solstice happening, I thinking of just doing a blessing and healing. Maybe then I can find my way again.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Isabellalecour- I am sorry to hear about your dog it sounds like she was more of a child to you rather then a family pet.

Not sure what me or DH are going to be doing yet....I didnt know that all of that was at the same time lol...Guess i should start paying a little more attention lol. Happy holidays ladies!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Im not a Pagan, nor a Wiccan, but I can tell you that I find it super exciting and special to anticipate such an event. I'm going to be preparing moon water that night. I know spells all over the globe are going to be extra powerful that night. I plan on working a few in addition to ritual myself. Its going to be a beautiful heighten of vibrations this year, and I consider myself blessed and highly favored just to know what I do now.

Winter Fairy Witch

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't really do ritual, but we will be having a big dinner with hopefully mead, or else wassail, and lots of cookies! I've been baking for 12 days now. I'm ready to party! No magick for me either, so I don't know if will really affect me other than being a pretty cool coincidence!
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sadly I have to work....but when I get home there will be feast, ritual dancing and music I'm sure my neighbors will love it! HA!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I knew about the full moon but not the eclipse. Very interesting.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Moon cookies and, maybe if I get time, a moon braid for my window (silver cord for the moon, black cord for the eclipse). I know what spell I'm going to do--for good health, wealth and prosperity! And for my stupid technology to stop acting up and start working!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010