what do you do to keep a three year old busy on a plane?

and is there anything you can do to help their ear's during take off and landing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bring a lot of things that are unique and interesting. We brought Bend A Roos and they were a huge hit. Also M&Ms and other yummy snacks that they don't get all the time. Along with a few old favorites. The thing to do now is a portable DVD player. We don't have one, but I've seen kids with that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Have them drink something while takeoff and landing. That will help. Some new games or small toy to keep them occupied during the trip. Take off their shoes so they don't kick the seat in front of them.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sippy for ears, if they will still take it. Or gum if you allow it at that age. Books, crayons, portable dvd, or travel at nap time... Also, get a NEW toy. Open it after takeoff. And have fun!! It is not going to be as bad as you think. Picture me flying with 3 under the age of 1. Yes, that was a long flight. Especially since hubby and I had to spilt since there are only 4 oxygen masks per row. Imagine how many people wanted to sit near us. ;)

airplane

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• PORTABLE DVD PLAYER!!!!! We took a 4 hour flight to Disney. My 3 yo watched WALL-E, had a snack, and then drifted off to sleep the rest of the flight.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• books crayons, snacks, music or dvd player...all work wonders
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gave mine the window seat he liked looking at the clouds. I also brought little toys with us like his push cars.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• bring books, coloring books, crayons, play i spy, matching cards, portable dvd player with cartoons, barbie dolls or other small toys similar to that.
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We took movies, coloring stuff, snacks, cars. The biggest help was the movies for sure.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010