when did you change your baby from formula to milk and to what kind of milk?

how often did you give it to your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At a year with both to 2% milk. They did have juice and other drinks before that though.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• When they turned 1 year I slowly transitioned them to whole milk. They are supposed to drink whole milk until they are 2. They need the fat. I mixed the milk into the bottle of formula, slowly adding more milk and less formula every day. I don't remember how much they drank, but it was a lot. My kids were milk crazy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• About a year. Switched to whole milk without growth hormones ( read milk labels). I gave it daily in a sippy cup.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• When they were 11 months old for both of them. I put them on Whole milk like the doctor recommended. My son is two and is now on 2%.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• exactly like mompam :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• What mompan said! And I would also recommend transitioning to a sippy cup at the same time. So when they are off formula they are off the bottle too.
    Aleasha

Answer by Aleasha at 10:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I breastfed my son until he was about 6-7 months old, I wanted to go longer, but several factors led to me ultimately switching to formula (low milk supply, son was getting A LOT of teeth, and he was just getting too big!!). The switch went very smooth, we did 1/2 and 1/2 for about 2 weeks then went to straight formula. At about a year old we did the same thing for switching over to whole (vitamin D) milk. We did 1/2 formula 1/2 milk for a few weeks, if that, and then switched over to milk completely. By the time baby's are a year old they are getting more nutrients from food, so they're not relying so much on the milk being a meal, so we usually do 2 sippy cups of milk a day, one when he first wakes up then one in the evening before bed. I have to admit he is pretty spoiled because I still warm up his milk for him.... lol. We got really lucky because our son wasn't picky with anything he ate/drank. I hope the switch goes well
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• im Exclusively pumping until my dd turns one and then i will switch to almond milk!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• He was a year old, we switched to whole milk for about a year, and then 2%.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I switched my daughter from breast milk to whole milk when she was 1 yr old
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010