Teething and crying...

My 5 1/2 month old started teething and her cry is very different from her other cries and I wanted to know if it was normal. The cry is a bit of gargle/scratchy/deep throat crying. That's the best that I can explain it...but it just doesn't sound like her normal self. Has anyone had this type of cry from their baby who is teething? Thanks for your help!

adyer7

Asked by adyer7 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Shes in pain. Try baby orajel.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son was that way....But its normal nothing to worry about....The only thing that helped my son with the teething pain was a damp washcloth that we put in the freezer for him to chew on. He wouldnt use the teething rings and oragel would make him sick. You can also give a little tylonel and that might help also. Hope this dosnt last long. Hang in there!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have been rubbing that on her gums and it does seem to work; it just breaks my heart when I hear her cry like that. Thank you! Have a happy holiday!
    adyer7

Comment by adyer7 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I will def. try the washcloth!! Thanks :)
    adyer7

Comment by adyer7 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• aww poor thing my dd was like that! we bought an amber teething necklace it works great!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• :( poor baby. I don't like it when they are teething, they are in so much pain. For babies it hurts them 10 times more than an adult tooth ache. I used Hyland's teething tablets with all 4 of my girls. Works great! It's all natrual and they dissolve in their mouth. Walmart usually has them. Here's a link too so you know what they look like. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=teething+tablets&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4314812364823383499&ei=S4QLTcbDHsOAlAfWuK25DA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDEQ8wIwAg#

Rosalie30

Answer by Rosalie30 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks everyone for your help!!! Happy Holidays!
    adyer7

Comment by adyer7 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Bump
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011