• In the Spotlight:

Do you have to live in the community to go to that community college?

I am planning on moving to another city which is about 8 hours away. Do you have to be apart of that community for awhile in order to go to that community college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, you will just show your proof of residence. You can go to any community college, but you would pay the higher tuition rates for being a non-resident, which are by far much more reasonable than university tuition.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• In my county you have to be a resident of the county before you can go to the community college. You may want to the check with the admissions department. I'm sure they'll know that answer : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Nope :) Many of my friends that lived in camden county went to burlington county college
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• After posting my answer....I like teachermom01's answer better. It makes more sense and maybe I'm wrong about my county. Ignore my post up to the....call the admissions department comment..LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• In California you must be a resident (and show proof of residency) for 6 months or more to get the local tuition rate. If not then you have to pay like, 3x the amount of the locals, but you can go to any community college so long as you are accepted.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• nope.

if you are coming from out of state though you need to get your ID changed and bring proof of address so they can see that you are living there.
    Anonymous