ugh pregnant friend!

So yesterday was the last day of my finals, my friend had said earlier that she would help watch my son during them, and I said I'd watc her kids in return. Anyways I got done at 5 went to go get him, I asked if I could watch her kids today, she said no, and then asked what I was doing the rest of the night (glass of wine and a movie) then was like so why can't you watch my kids right now? told her I was tired had had a streseful week and wanted to go home and relax. She started guilt tripping me into watching her kids, saying that she didn't really want to watch bodi but then felt bad and said yes. I ended up agreeing and was there from 530 til 730 when her husband got home (my son's bedtime is 8). anyways, what I'm more upset about is that she layed on a guilt trip instead of just saying please, I really need a break right now. I'm still annoyed and not sure whether or not to just cool it with her for a bit and not say anything, or call her and tell her that the guilt trip was unnessisary. (she says she has no censor on her mouth when she's pregnant, so I don't think i really want to hang out with her too much anyways)

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• if it was my friend i would lay it out there. tell her how u feel. and since she has an unsencored mouth just excuse what she says.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would say something. If you dont she will probably try and do it again.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'll be honest, I think you're more in the wrong here than your friend. You're pissed that your friend helped you by watching your child so you could taken your finals, and then you were "stuck" watching her kids for two hours.. even though you had agreed that you'd watch her kids in return for watching yours.. But obviously you only wanted to watch them when it was good for you.. which kind of isn't fair.

Maybe I missed the part where she did something wrong..
    Anonymous

• I'm not upset about watching her kids, I'm annoyed that she choose to guilt me into it instead of just saying please, I need a break
    gypsymama532

Comment by gypsymama532 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• *I just asked if I could do it later when I wasn't tired and it wasn't going to cut into bed time
    gypsymama532

Comment by gypsymama532 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She should be upset that you tried to back out and put her in a position of insisting. How rude and ungrateful of you. If you hadn't tried to back out, she would have had to beg you not to.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It doesn't matter, she needed you to watch her kids, she watched yours...so she wasn't direct. No harm is really done and at least you got the return favor out of the way. Now this weekend go relax!

PS in the future, don't agree to have her watch your child unless it is really, really necessary, she will probably turn around and ask for that return favor right away again...just how some people are.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2010