Moving Forward~ Would you consider this be a step in the right direction?

A constitutional test for all legislation?

"Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah), the head of the House Rules Working Group, on Thursday said the GOP transition team will recommend the adoption of a rule requiring lawmakers to provide constitutional authority for every bill."...
..."[T]he practice of using unrelated bills to move major measures will also come to an end, the transition leaders said."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/134111-house-gop-mulls-constitutional-test-for-all-bills

Great in theory, do you have confidence in their follow through?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nope. It would create a lot of jobs for lawyers, though.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I love the idea and look forward to seeing if they follow through. Politicians in general are great at lip service so it's anyone's guess whether or not it will actually happen
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Also love the idea..but I won't hold my breath for it to really come to fruitation.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Not likely to happen, but higher chance of it with GOP than Dems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• T]he practice of using unrelated bills to move major measures will also come to an end

they can do this without the other which will just cause more gridlock

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• doubt it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Moving forward I think sending home any elected official after two terms would be a step in the right direction

I think they should make the salary of the "average American" and not get to vote on their own raises

No more free lunch entitlement program for POLITICIANS.

No more tax payer funded insurance unless we get the same option. Unless they would like tri-care

One bill, per issue...no add ons that have Zero to do with the original bill
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sweet I'd go a step further and say they take the salary of military enlisted, not the average American. They think it's substantial enough from their Rolls Royce's, let's see them work with it. Of course the Armani and Gucci would just have to go, but there's some really nice suits at Men's Warehouse I hear :o)

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

I am willing to agree to that...see, thats a compromise! lol : )

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010