I want to induce my labor!!

I am due today, (40 weeks pregnant), but not dialating and the doctors want to induce my labor on Monday. I don't want to be induced by a doctor but want to induce her in a more safer way. I have alreadly tried walking and having sex. even tried running over speed bumps and curves. What else can i do?

.Rachel.Jean.

Asked by .Rachel.Jean. at 11:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pizza Hut pizza!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you're only due today, what are you worrying about? Your baby will come when it's ready. If it were 10 days after your due date, then I'd be worrying.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Walking helped me. Talk to your doctor. Tell him you don't want to be induced.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• whats wrong with inducing? both my kids were induced. i actually prefered it with my 3 week old. my first is 5, and i was induced with him also, but i don't think i wouldve known what to do if i went into laber myself! lol. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Don't be so impatient and let nature takes its course.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Unless they have done fetal monitoring and have found that the baby needs to come out ther is no need to be induced on Monday at all. It is totally natural to go a week or more late. And someone that hasnt been dialating can all of a sudden dialate really quickly. In my experience, no type of induction at home worked much, I had one that was 7 days late, my other was 9. They just come in there own time. I would talk to your doctors, tell them you want to wait another week.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• the only way your doctor will know you dont want to be induced is if you tell him. doctors usually like to make it seem like it's their decision and talk you into it but if your deadseat against it then tell them that. all you can do for now is keep walking, nothing else will work until the baby is ready to come out. i went to 43 weeks with my second til they finally induced me so sometimes they never decide to come on their own. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• and i still think to this day that if she had her choice she'd still be in my womb! she just turned 2 and she's been attached to my hip since birth.. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• LOTS of walking
    SEX
    Trying eat spicy stuff
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• YOU can tell yourDoctor you don't want to be induced. I did and many of my friends did....let your baby arrive when he is ready and be more proactive with your doctor. Why be in a hurry?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010