Im so out of breath. I almost feel like I cant breathe well at all!

Im only 10 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am having the worst time breathing. I have very short breaths and get so out of breath even after I just stand up and start to walk. I have to constantly catch my breath and sit down! whats going on? Is this normal! Never had it with my first. I cant breathe well! help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• call ur dr
    Anonymous

• No it is not normal and you either need to get into the ER or call your doctor and ask for advice on what to do.

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Def call your dr. You may even be having a panic attack. As long as you can talk fine then your breathing is fine and its prob all in your head. Call just to be safe! :) GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Im just the same way. I went in yesterday and was telling my dr. about it and she said it's normal to get like that when your prgnant. I had to get tests done though because i had irregular heartbeats. I know it sucks but I don't think theres anything they can do.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Not for me it wasn't normal.... I'm 20 weeks and when I go fast up the stairs I get out of breath but I'm fat anyways lol.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• shortness of breath is normal to some degree in the first trimester. Extreme difficulty breathing is not and should be checked out by your doctor.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Have you tried to wear looser pants? I know it sounds strange, but I have suffered from the same problem from my pants being too tight (gave in and got maternity pants) and my bra being too tight. My ribcage stretched and I had to move up from a 34 to a 36 almost right away. I hope this helps and you get feeling better with more air!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008