i swithed my babies formula from nutramigen to similac and .. adult content

her poop has been runny for about a week, she has been on the new formula for a little over a week know and is doing reat. I don't know if the runny poop is from the fromula for from teething? oh yeah and the smell is way different! lol wow is this normal?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say you should call your doctor about it. Did your doctor tell you to take your baby off naturamigen? Because every one who I know used naturamigen, it was because a doctor told them to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nutramigen***
    Anonymous

• yes he said I could. my son was on it the whole time, but she was doing so well he said we could switch.
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You should give him a call and let him know how its affecting the baby, or maybe its not. He'll probably have you come in so he can check it out and maybe run some tests
    Anonymous

• I will give it a few more days. He's body may be adjusting but if he seems discomfort like an upset belly or the poop is starting to make him rash move him back to the Nutramigen.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Changes in poop can be a negative reaction to the formula... I'd say he's not really doing so great as it seems on the Similac and see about switching him back.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'd say the same. if he doesn't chg soon he's not adjusting to the new formula. There was a reason he was on that in the first place I'm gussing as my Gr-DD was, so maybe the chg really wasn't a good idea, Dr advise or not. I'd call the Dr. back and let him know and advise your going bk to the first formula, why let your baby suffer as well as your worry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010