Does your humidifier put out lots of steam or not much?

I told my dh that I think our humidifier is not working well....put it in our sons room last night and you cant see any steam coming out of it....

If you put your hand in front of it it doesnt even get wet...wouldnt you think thats a sign that its not doing good...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• I dont see very much of the mist but you can kind of still see it and yes my hand does get wet if I put my hand over it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Steam humidifiers are not recommended for use with children. Cool mist humidifiers are what is recommended for safety. The cool mist humidifier we have puts out a very obvious mist if it is turned way up. Otherwise I don't necessarily see it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I guess I just want to SEE the mist so I know its working...lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• with our cool mist humidifiers we dont really see anything usually, you can tell its working by shutting he door to his room for a while and when you go back in you should be able to feel the difference in temperature and humidity. If you are using a steam vaporizor you should be able to see the steam but that is the reason they arent recommended for kids because the steam can be really hot.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• we have two cool mist humidifiers. while the one in our room puts out a cloud of vapor. our son's isn't that obvious, but you can feel the difference.

try putting a tissue in front of it, and you can see the moisture build up? Or shut the door for a while and see if you notice a difference.

my husband gets ours so humid its damp, yuck lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• They do need to be cleaned regularly because minerals build up and cause them to slow down and possibly break.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The directions with mine says to put a dash of salt in it if you can't see the steam.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 1:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2010