Soy formula to milk based formula

My daughter is 4months old. From about 3 weeks old until now she has been on Similac soy because she was fussy and irritable at feedings, and this worked liked a charm. I personally don't think she is lactose-intolerant, I just think it was easier on a possibly sensitive stomach. This week I tried to move her from the soy to Enfamila gentlease because I thought she had grown up a lot and needs to get to know real milk so she won't have an adverse reaction to taking milk when she is older. Unfortunately, she takes about an oz of the milk based formila, and then won't eat it. Should I care? Is it necessary to move her from the soy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's OK to keep her on soy, I did with mine.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would say its OK to keep her on the soy.

Real milk is so different from formula anyways, if I get where you are going with this, you kinda wanted her to get used to real milk, right? Well real milk is so different from formula, I am sure plenty of moms on here will tell you that their kids didn't take to milk right away, even after being on formula.

No worries :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yeah, they dont get to have "real" milk until after 12 mos anyway. my son has no issues changing formulas, but i have heard that you might want to mix it half & half for a bit, then slowly decrease the amnt of soy powder, and have it mostly milk based. till she gets used to it. it might help her eat the whole bottle.
    keep in mind, she will not starve herself, she will eat when she is ready. also, you may notice some bathroom issues for a few days after you make the switch, until her system is used to it.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• no harm can be done on soy, especially if she truly does have a milk allergy. But if you dont think she does you could try mixing it 75/25 then working till your totally on milk based. The little boogers are smart. They know different formulas have different tastes
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2008