Shopping Intervention Needed!

Intervention needed quick! I do this every year I swear I am going to keep to my budget and about a week before Christmas I have an anxiety attack that I did not buy enough or good enough - the ADS are calling me? Does anyone else experience this?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 12:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• stay strong momma!!!!!!!! The more you save the better gift you can get for yourself
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I only go out with cash so that all I spend is what I have on me.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 12:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes... but by then I've run out of money, so there are no problems.

I find it helps to wrap everything as soon as I buy it. Then, 'that's done' is much more likely to stick. Also, I intentionally and very carefully avoid looking at the ads, reading the flyers or going anywhere near the malls.

Make it so you have a huge amount of 'getting ready' stuff you have to do at home for the last week, and you'll find you forget about the gifts 'cause that's all done.'

Besides, the best sales were in October.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ahhh me too. My husband took the plastic away last night *sob*. Oh well, it's only once every year I go crazy like this, and I always pay off the plastic during tax season so it's no biggy =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010