Had luck in having a CS modification court date changed?

I was sent a letter that lovely L.A. County wants to drop my cs to zero and just forget about the $40k plus that he owes me.

Anyways the court date is a Monday which happens to be the second week of my Intersession math class. If you miss even a day, you get dropped. So I spoke with a gentleman at CS over the phone today, explained my situation, and asked for a Friday court date, the only day I don't have class.

Do you think this is possible? He said he'd get back to me on Monday. Otherwise I'll be forced to not contend this crap in court because I can't drop the entire Math class either.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 12:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you tried explaining this to the professor? Maybe he will consider your situation and let you either miss class or attend another Intersession math class that he teaches on a different day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The class is M-Th. It doesn't actually start until January 3rd so I'd be missing a day in the second week of class. I mean, it's my only option to talk to him if it comes to that, but I would love for the court to work with me since it is school.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think the court will work around your schedule as long as you weren't rude to them. Your doing them a favor and better educating yourself so your not on welfare. They will like that. Good luck!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thank you! No, I certainly wasn't rude at all. I was quite flabbergasted that they had even returned my call for one, and extremely appreciative that they would even look into changing the date. I hope they see it the way you do.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would talk to the professor. I think you'll have better luck with the school than you will the courthouse.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010