Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone been thru this?

my oldest daughter recently came to live with me and now the state that i live in is going afta her father for child support.he is furious and says he aint gnna pay and that i need to take her off of wat eva pulic assistance that i have for her so they dnt go afta him to pay support.what should i do.I just wanna keep the peace?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If you need public assistance, you need child support. Who cares if it makes him mad, she is his daughter and he should help support her. If he won't do it on his own, then the state will step in. Really, it's his choice.

    Answer by scout_mom at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Even without you being on public assistance, he is OBLIGATED to pay. Stick to your guns. When you father a child, you pay the bill. If he doesn't like that, I'll be happy to come Bobbittize him. With a dull knife and no anesthesia.

    Never mind keeping the peace... do what's best for your daughter.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • If you need public assistance than you probably need the CS.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • he had always took good care of her whn she was younger now that she 16 and he has step children and two more kids he stopped providing for her the way he used to.I'm helping her fill out applications so she can have her own money so she can buy the stuff she wants and needs.He was so mad whn i told him that he would be receiving something in the mail bout it.So i should just stick him wit it right afta all she not 18 yet

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • after

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Sorry, but he sounds like an ass. You get assistance to support his daughter. Yet, he would like you to take her off of it and then he still doesn't pay. How does he expect you to raise and support her? It is his RESPONSIBILITY to pay whatever the law says is his portion. Do not worry about "keeping the peace" He needs to grow up and be a parent.

    Answer by sue118 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010