Motivation -

I have so much to do and so many lists etc.. just can't seem to focus to accomplish anything. How do you stop the procrastination?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have four lists --things to do at my desk, errands, bigger projects, and things that don't fit anywhere else.

Whenever there is a big project (like Christmas) I make a huge list of all the things that need to be done --100s of items long, then sort them in two different ways: time requirements and location requirements. So, I end up with a long list of things that will take 5 or 10 minutes, a slightly shorter list of things that take half an hour, and on up to things that take a whole afternoon. I also have a list of things I can do at home, things I can do anywhere and things I have to do in specific places. Everything's on two lists --times and locations. Because sometimes I realize I have 5 minutes I could do something in, and sometimes I find I'm at the right mall for more than I went for.

And I hate looking back at a half hour of nothing done, or the mall trip, with stuff I've forgotten and could be finished.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I will sometimes get overwhelmed when I realize the LONG list of things to accomplish. At the point I just calm down, don't think about EVERYTHING on the list, I just pick the first (most important) thing and do it then I move to the next thing. For me, I can't think about all I have to do, I just have to focus on one thing at a time.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Do the easy stuff on your to-do list first. Try to focus on one project at a time. If you jump around, you'll never get anything finished.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010