Is anyone else pregnant after a stillbirth?

Just want to hear your story and maybe chat....

We lost our daughter at 29 1/2 weeks in January and to our surprise we're having another girl! That's the exciting part to this, we were blessed again with a healthy baby. Our last had Trisomy 18... Anyways, just wanted to know who else is out there in a similar situation

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i hvnt but my sister n law lost a baby lst dec at 29 weeks it was a girl and in september she had a healthy baby girl they nvr fnd out why the other baby died but she was very small shy only weighed 14 ozs and also my sister lost a baby ar 32 weeks 9 yrs ago and like 2 yrs later she had an healthy!!! baby good luck
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I lost a lil boy 3yrs ago and have just had a baby girl. She's my 3rd child and I must admit this pregnancy I was more neurotic,nervous and scared. I lost my son at 29weeks, still born no cause determined, they just couldn't find a heartbeat and then my body went into labour it was very traumatic for me. Years later I sometimes think I have 4kids or I think I see a lil boy looking at me and when I turn he's gone. My new baby being a girl I dunno if it wouldve been hard having a boy, but she's only 8weeks and I monitor her WAY more than I did my first two, I make sure she's always in arms reach and it frustrates me sometimes but I guess its just the way its gonna be! Good luck with ur pregnancy and I know our kids are probably gonna play football on the angels team up in Heaven together :)
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 3:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I lost a little girl early at 21 weeks, and then 4 months later was pregnant again, and that baby was born early at 26 weeks, but she survived and is 4 1/2 now. It was hard with losing the baby and then thinkng we might lose the next one, one thing I wish is that I would have gave myself more time to grieve and not have gotten pregnant so soon, but everything happens for a reason...I am not regretting having my baby that survived it was just hard cuz I was still grieving and then had to go through the next one only weighing 2 pounds and being in the hospital for months, and nearly losing her. You can PM me anytime...
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 3:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My cousin lost her babies when she was 4mo. First she lost her son, so they put her in the hospital to try to save the other baby. They could not save the other baby, her other baby was a girl. It was very sad, because her daughter came out with her heart still beating, she gave four strong heart beats than passed on. She wanted to live her mother said, I told her GOD needed her to become his ANGEL. Also before my cousin losted her twins, my mother lost her twin boys. very hard year for our family.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 5:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Thanks for all your stories... 29 weeks is even scarier though.

Kimmie- maybe that baby had trisomy 18 too... mine only weighed 13 oz at 29 weeks, so it's similar.

God bless all you Moms!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008