2 year old not eating

doe anyone besides only me have a 2 year old who refuses to eat...my 2 year old only wants what she wants...which is not a dinner/lunch...

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 12:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is her age. If there anything that she will eat. When my kids where this age they only wanted certain foods and that was it. She won't starve herself becasue kids don't know how to do that. I would let her eat when she wants and not force her to eat just because it is lunch time and you think she should eat. My middle child is a grazer so he eats all day. He does eat at meal times although not that much and within an hour he is eating again.

Don't worry to much and if need be you can talk to the doctor about this.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You know when my kids were that age, I use to make a big pot of kind of a stew with all the stuff they normally didn't eat, and put it through the food processor and I would feed it to them while I was telling them a story of a subject that they like. They were so mesmerized at the story telling, they would open their mouth without realizing they had. When they finished their food I would stop the stories, and they always wanted to hear an ending!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yea, my 2 year old skips dinner almost every night. she doesn't like anything that she hasn't seen before! but i dont worry since she eats a great breakfast everyday, usually does good at lunchtime and has eats at both snacktimes. this is most likely a phase that will pass. i know my 4 year old went thru it at 2 also. i worried more about her though because she was always in the 25th percentile for weight. as long as they eat even some of their other daily meals, dont worry too much about them skipping a meal. they won't starve themselves :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Its normal for kids to be picky eaters. They won't starve themselves. Just make sure you give her healthy options so when she does eat she's getting something nutritious. As long as she's not losing weight or acting/looking malnourished I wouldn't worry. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ds is going through a pretty intense picky eater phase right now. All he wants is milk. He'll take bites of certain foods he likes but he doesnt gobble them down like he used to. I know it's normal but it can be frustrating seeing him refuse something I made for him because he used to love it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son is the same way! He'll be 2 in January. He eats just a few select meals and other than that, just wants junk food. Everyone just keeps telling me "he'll eat when he's ready" or "it's just a phase". It's very frustrating and it makes me feel like a bad mom that he doesn't eat better!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010