Recently married, My inlaws paid for the whole wedding. I am trying to write a thank you card but dont know how to start it off. Any suggestions?

Recently married, My inlaws paid for the whole wedding. I am trying to write a thank you card but dont know how to start it off. I know what I want to say but cant get the first line out.Any suggestions?

Julianasmommy49

Asked by Julianasmommy49 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• "We're married! And thanks to you, we were able to have a beautiful wedding!"
    Anonymous

• I would start with something about how happy you are to be joining their family.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 2:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• do you mean you're stuck on the salutation? Like Dear......(how do I address them?) If so what do you call them when speaking to them? Start with that. Then Tell them how wonderful the wedding was and how grateful you are to them for making it happen. Tell them how happy you are to join their family, how much you love their son etc. Start on a blank paper first..sort of a rough draft.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'd personally take them out to dinner as a thank you. A thank you card doesn't really do it justice.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 2:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My hats off to you. Many young ppl forget the importance of a thank you card and YES it does it justice. It's correct ettiquette and we old folks want to receive that simple yet significant thank you card.
    Just write it as though they were standing there and you were saying what you want to communicate to them. The words are less important as the appreciation your gesture will convey.
    Good for you on the Thank you card.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Congratz :-D As for thank you cards my only suggestion is to maybe make your in-laws a special thank you card and maybe include a gift that suites them, something they can plant and grow if that's their hobby, or if they have a certain decor going like my mother in-law loves the red-white-blue theme in her guest bedroom so I always think of that when I see it. Something that had thought, and writing the thank you in a special different more personal way. :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i agree with mrseum, how about instead of a thank you card, an invitation card for a thank you dinner, it is more personable I think because you will be showing your thanks in person
    Anonymous

• Before you actually write the card, write down somewhere else what you want to say. write it all down for YOU and then try the card. This way you can get it just the way you want it to be.You are lucky to have in laws like that!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Say exactly what you're thinking, thank you so much for the wonderful gift that you gave to me and your son. Thanks to you we can now start our future together. I think aside from just a thank you card you should do something really nice for them a great dinner etc etc.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 4:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would just start with Dear Tom and Jane (or whatever their names are) thank you so very much for the lovely wedding you helped provide for Jim and I. (Obviously use the right names here...) but just do it something like that, it should be fine, and they sound like wonderful people who are happy their son has found you and they love you too, or at least are prepared to.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008