Networking? Advertising?

In your opinion what is the best way to really get your message out there? Networking? Advertising? Word of mouth? Best way to promote your business??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 12:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say a combination of all of them, however, if you have a limited budget I would concentrate on networking.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Your profile says it's an Avon business... go where your customers are. Do you know WHO your customers are? If you know that, do you know where you are likely to find them? That's where you network.

Your local chamber of commerce can be a resource for finding networking groups.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Word of mouth! There is nothing like the true word of someone who has tried and tested.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• A combo of everything, especially when your business is new and no one knows who you are.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree everything. Now if it is Avon you are talking about there are so many things you can do. No other Direct Selling company has brochures as inexpensive as Avon does. I used to buy anywhere from 200-500 brochures every campaign. And every campaign I put labels on the cover saying "Find the ______ sticker in this brochure and get a free gift with your order" And i'd buy seasonal related stickers at the dollar store and put them about 5 pages from the back (so they thumb through the entire brochure before finding it)! And free gifts were lip balms, mini lotions, etc etc. Then canvass the streets with them, leave them on doorknobs or porches (not on or in mailboxes, it's illegal)!

You can also use lawn signs, window decals on your car, flyers, make over nights, pedicure nights, open houses, t-shirts, photo tote bag with a brochure and a big flyers on it saying I SELL AVON ASK ME FOR A FREE BROCHURE AND SAMPLE

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Look at area websites for events for networking and bring lots of business cards, get into craft shows, vender fairs, job fairs, wedding related shows (offer makeovers or have a running for a complete wedding makeover package including skin care and makeup),
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• all of them
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I do designer jean parties myself...and I do a bunch of vendor events to get my name out and about. Also facebook is a good place as well
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 5:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• The combo you listed above.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 1:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011