• In the Spotlight:

If we are really christians then shouldn't we accept that it may be God's will that Senator Obama is now President Elect Obama?

As most of you know it is no secret that I support McCain/Palin, but if I am truly a christian and I believe in the will of God then why would I fight this? It is my duty to accept his will as my own and even though it doesn't suit me I need to believe that his will is best. There a lot of instances where God's Will might not suit us could this be one of those? I'm also going to post this question in the Religious section.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 2:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• America has to hit bottom before it comes back up. That is what it is doing now sinking more and more to the bottom. It will come back up as people see that christian values do mean something. Good always triumphs over evil in the end.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You have asked and answered your own question. If it is truly God's will Who are we to say that it does not suit us? Are we not to accept it knowing that He (God) knows what he is doing. We are not privy to the answers to the true divine plan that God has in store for us nor others. We may never know or we may look back and say "oh if XY and Z" had not happened I would not be hear today. Think about it in these terms Had you not met your husband you would not have your beautiful child. God put you at the right place and time. He also put yu on the right city. He also determined that you were born a woman and not a man. So on and so forth. Free will in this scenario is that you chose your husband and he chose you. Only "one" perspective to your post. I am interested in your thoughts.
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 2:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Well in light of the "religiousness" of your question, from the get-go I knew that if Obama was the anti-christ, then he would no doubt about it win. No matter how hard christians tried to keep him out of office. Its a prophecy . I now believe even stronger that he will not only be the demise of our nation, but the demise of times. I'm afraid that it wasnt the will of God that put him in office, but the Will of something else.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• One thing we should realize is that GOD is still in control, whether there is a Republican on office or Democrat, GOD will still do what HE sees fit! Read what Obama said the night he became president:
    " To those Americans whose support I have yet to earn ; I may have not won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, AND I WILL BE YOUR PRESIDENT TOO" - Obama

I am a McCain supporter but why not give him a chance?
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Quoting Auntiemom410

" Well in light of the "religiousness" of your question, from the get-go I knew that if Obama was the anti-christ, then he would no doubt about it win. No matter how hard christians tried to keep him out of office. Its a prophecy .:
    n style="color: #ff0000;">One could easily say the same thing about George W. Bush!   Get over yourself.  I know its sucks when someone uses your words against you, but if it was "god's will" to support W, then its ALSO "God's will" to support Obama. 

Is there something in the bible about hypocrites going to hell?sarcasm

KatyStepmom

Answer by KatyStepmom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• READ your bible! God WILL NOT get involved in our elective process's or our wars and God WILL hold us responsible for our leaders actions, and decisions.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Well God gives us free will...we can do what we want... i dont think "he had Obama elected"
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Ok one more way to look at Obama being God's will is the whole abortion thing and make no mistake about it when I think about Obama being God's will I think of abortion and how wrong it is for my beliefs, but then God did put the snake in the garden of evil and he did give Eve a choice not to eat the forbidden fruit, now I am not saying Obama is the snake, I'm pas being hateful I am saying that maybe it is truly God's will to have each of us choose so we could be judged by him and not by man. Couldn't he have presented us with a candidate that would have it be our choice so as not to cloud our own judgement days?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Oops I meant garden of edan
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Well .. I think it can be looked at two ways .. if you believe Obama is the Anti-Christ, it would be prophesy being played out. Jesus being hung on the cross was part of a bigger plan, so if Obama is the Anti-Christ, it could be that the Lord will return soon.

The other way to look at it, is people have FREE WILL .. they can vote for whom ever they choose and it doesn't have to be from God. Many don't believe in God and many people claim they are Christians, yet don't stand for Christian values. (Can't pick and choose what part of God's commands you want to follow)

So .. only time will tell .. If Obama does get sworn in on Jan 20th, we will see if he shows his true colors as the Anti-Christ. I have been in prayer and looking toward the heavens. I know that he isn't what he wants everyone to believe .. too many lies, to much underhandedness .. SO .. It wasn't Gods will for Good to happen!
    Anonymous