If we are really christians then shouldn't we accept that it may be God's will that Senator Obama is now President Elect Obama?

As most of you know it is no secret that I support McCain/Palin, but if I am truly a christian and I believe in the will of God then why would I fight this? It is my duty to accept his will as my own and even though it doesn't suit me I need to believe that his will is best. There a lot of instances where God's Will might not suit us could this be one of those? I'm also going to post this question in the Politics section.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 2:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm... that's a tough one. However in my opinion I don't think that God would be supportive of a man who thinks that it is ok to murder unborn children. I think that God gave us minds to use and the free will to do what we choose. I don't know if it makes sense, but it does to me. As a christian I think that you should support him because God says that you should support your fellow man, but if you don't believe... agree that what he is saying is right then you should do something about it. Speak up for what you think is right according to your lifestyle and religion.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 2:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Just because someone is Pro-Choice does NOT mean they are Pro-Abortion. Come on. Think about it.
    Anonymous

• I really don't think god get's involved with silly politics... But his will or not you really only have two choices accept it and be proud that your fellow American's finally saw past skin color OR be a sore loser and whine for the next 4-8 years....

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It doesn't matter! People still think it is ok to MURDER babies! It is wrong and anyone who supports it is wrong! That is just my opinion and I could care less what you have to say about it! Honestly tell me... the people that are Pro Choice agree that abortion is ok that it should be available. You are a mother. How can you support that?
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 2:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• As a mother, I DON'T support abortion & generally, I DON'T believe having an abortion is good, & believe me, I am against partial-birth abortions & beyond a shadow of a doubt think they should be illegal. But I am Pro-Choice. I don't believe I have the right to dictate anyone else's decisions, & as a woman, I also would want the right to make that choice, ESPECIALLY if my life was at risk for some reason, which happens. If my daughter ended up in a BAD situation (i.e. rape), I would DEFINITELY want her to have the OPTION of abortion, though I would push adoption before anything! But come on, there are GOOD reasons why some women get an abortion. No, that doesn't make it right, & no, I don't support it. I believe many women who get abortions do it for the wrong reasons...made a bad decision & don't want to take responsibility for it. So, just to clarify, I don't believe it's okay to murder babies. Get real.
    Anonymous

• I do not believe it was Gods choice for him to become president. But as we have seen in the bible (1 Samuel where Israel asked Samuel to give them a king. He knew that Saul wasnt right but God told him to give the ppl what they wanted. So he did even though he didnt want to and it ended up that Saul wasnt a good king but they are the ones who had to learn) God will give the ppl what they want. Obama is what the ppl wanted. Now God can turn around what is bad and make it good.

Also pro-choice is not good in my opinion. Ppl have softened themselves to the views of the world and say well since I am not the one doing it then it is ok. No we shouldnt bash ppl for their choices but we should tell them what God wants and we should stand up for what is wrong. Same sex marriages is wrong in Gods eyes and so is abortion. This is what I believe and I will not ever change my views.
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 3:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Hey, has anyone brought up the fact that OBAMA IS ALSO CHRISTIAN???
    Personally, I don't think I could have an abortion and feel ok with it, but there are REALLY young girls out there that get pregnant because they are un-educated, and by going through with the birth they sometimes ruin not only there own lives but that of the future child! And if she gave it up to an orphanage-well, aren't there enough parentless children? I say in that situation let the soul go to a more fulfilling life before it is completely committed to a breathing body! Not to mention rape? I don't like abortion, but I am pro choice depending on the circumstance!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 3:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Same sex marriage is wrong? MY god loves all and accepts all and embraces change!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 3:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yes God loves all and chooses to love us even when we are not doing what he wants. But why do you think (even though I think there are young girls out there that are uneducated) that some of these young girls are out having unprotected sex when they shouldnt be? It is because abortion has been drilled for so long that they just have the mind set that well I will just have an abortion. Dont you think they would learn a more valuable lesson if they go through the pregnancy and then give the baby to a deserving family who wants to raise and love it??? I believe that my God can fix any problem if you truely want him to and turn away from sin (no I am not saying that I or anyone is sinless but I try my hardest to live a life that glorifies him). I do not believe we have the right to hate anyone or to treat anyone bad for choices they have made. Whether it be abortion or same sex relationship. But I will not condone it either!!!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 3:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Your God(s) should be ashamed of all of you!! Look at all the judging going on here. Isn't that against your bible(s)?
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2008