Help, how do you get wallpaper border off??

I have to take down a wallpaper border so the room can be painted. Has anyone had to do this and what worked?

Thanks for your help!

sue118

Asked by sue118 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Go to Home Depot. there are chemicals for that. It's kind of a pain in the ass.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I painted over mine. Taking this stuff off is harder than replacing the drywall.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Mix snuggle and water and use spray bottle let it soak in. Works just as well if not better then what you can buy for the purpose and smells better too! Google it, it really works!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• fabric softener mixed with water. spray it on and let soak. will peel right off!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks, I'll give the fabric softner a try! It sounds like a couple of you have used it and it worked for you.
    sue118

Comment by sue118 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My border papers just needed to be soaked with boiling hot water in a spray bottle, and then I used a spackle knife to lift the edges and peel off--if you soak the paper thoroughly, it should almost fall right off! Just be sure to put towels on the floor below where you are working, and wash the walls good to remove any glue residue before priming and painting.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2010