Conservatives outnumber Liberals again in 2010. What do you think about this poll?

PRINCETON, NJ -- The political composition of U.S. adults held fairly steady in 2010 compared with 2009. Conservatives remained the largest group, followed by moderates and then liberals. At 35%, the percentage of moderates has declined to a new low, highlighting the increased political polarization that has occurred over the past decade.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145271/Conservatives-Continue-Outnumber-Moderates-2010.aspx

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing wrong with more conservatives!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Awwww Tnmom, you got a downvote... Looks like someone doesn't like your comment, but doesn't have the kahunas to LEAVE A COMMENT... Tooooooooooooo funny..... I think this poll speaks to the Progressive Agenda-------> FAIL!
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• One thing I find interesting is that the percentage of conservatives and liberals remained precisely the same from 2009 to 2010, but the number of moderates dropped. And it adds up to 96 percent... is the other four percent "decline to state," then?

If you look at the numbers overall, conservatives have ALWAYS outnumbered liberals. So *that* is nothing new. The moderates are what you need to look at. It's rare that they are outnumbered by conservatives; we last saw that in 2003-2004, just before Pres. Bush won his second term.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That's a no doubter.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The moderates are what you need to look at. It's rare that they are outnumbered by conservatives;

IMO~ since the increase occurs after Obama took Office~ that speaks to the Pelosi, Reid, Obama Agenda... 'Moderates' are who got Obama elected, not liberals.  America is STILL Center-Right...  Despite what "some" on CM thing..  lol...  As for BO~I would think his administration would be concerned about the 2 year drop in Moderates and the drop in Liberals since he was elected.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think Conservatives are getting a bad reputation because the goofy ones get TOOOO much publicity. I knw lots of conservatives who don't go crazy and they aren't stocking up on ammo or worrying that our country is going "commie". I am conservative about lots of issues too....but I really resent the bad things people say about the President! the conservatives i know don't bash the President. They might have opinions that are different but they aren't mean and nasty.Conservative values are good. Conservative paranoia is bad.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yeah it was always ok to bash con presidents though...blah whatever

I agree gd and grly
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• "IMO~ since the increase occurs after Obama took Office~ that speaks to the Pelosi, Reid, Obama Agenda... 'Moderates' are who got Obama elected, not liberals. America is STILL Center-Right... "

And that's really not likely to change. Ever. I believe you are very correct.

"I think Conservatives are getting a bad reputation because the goofy ones get TOOOO much publicity."

And I think this is also correct.. a group tends to get lumped with the ones who attract the most publicity, even if that paints an incorrect picture of that group. I'm reminded of the opponents of a mosque here in my area. There are quite a few people who have a legitimate concern about traffic and access, but they get drowned out by those who think a mosque means Sharia law is next.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• By today's definition of "bash"~ Bush was severely bashed.... Clinton was bashed, as was Bush I, Reagan, Carter, etc, etc..... Obama is no different... "Some" just have their over sensitive whining caps on.... But what MOST people do, is criticize the Obama, Pelosi, Reid Agenda..... NOT bashing.... Too bad "some" are over sensitive...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010