Are the in store clinics trustworthy?

Like CVS... My son has had a low grade fever since Monday and we don't have insurance right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I went to one once when I was in college and the lady had no freaking idea what she was talking about. I almost died and had to go to the hospital because she used a little IPAD medical thing to diagnose me by asking a bunch of questions. This one was in a Mall.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My DD took her DD in one last Sat. and they sd she had an ear ache. She went to her own Dr. Monday bec of a bad reaction to the meds they gave her. & he sd she did not have an ear ache. Waste of her time and $ for the 2 DR. and the meds when she cld have gone to her own Dr. instead.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I never heard of an in store clinic. I would just go tot a regular doctor or hospital just to be safe
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No, I spent close to a 100 and the "doctor" couldn't even take my blood pressure and gave up after two tries and said "I'm just going to say it's fine." What if it wasn't fine!? I didn't have health insurance either so I went thinking it would be alright and I ended up having to go see a real doctor anyway because of how sick I ended up getting. Spent 98 at the in store clinic and another 20 on medication that they prescribe which did me no good.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have not heard anything bad about them.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes its good
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have'nt heard anything one way or the other. I'm glad I read this post and comments though. It will make me check out our local clinic more. Thanks ladies !
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 1:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2010