Stay at home Moms- what do you do all day?

Any activites to do around teh house with a two year old?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son and I can't go outside to play, we always bring out the rice. I have a big tub of rice with lots of little cups, measuring spoons, etc. My son loves playing in it and pretending to cook. My 8yr. old daughter even joins in sometimes. :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 2:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Wow that rice idea sounds like fun!! We usually play, and read books. I go to school online so I try to do homework and housework while he is sleeping or at pre-school. Nothing too exciting here.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 2:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my two yr. old twins love laundry baskets with laundry, they help me put the clothes in the dryer. Mega blocks are awesome, coloring, i gave them their own notebook with their name on it and inside are numbers and abc's they love to scribble, a tent they play for a long time in it. Role playing, dancing, dress up, i also gave them a set of old house keys, a big ball, balloons, empty boxes big enough for them to get in it. lil ones so they can put things in them,wooden puzzles,i put a mattress on the floor and we jump on it, turn lights off and give them a flash light,
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I take online classes too, so when she wants to play by herself or is napping, I do schoolwork. We go outside when the mosquitoes aren't bad and the weather is nice. Otherwise, we watch Curious George and Reading Rainbow together and just play our little games. I sometimes build her a little fort she can hide in and she has a ton of cardboard boxes of different sizes she likes to play with. And we dance and I sing to her, this is one of her favorite things.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• with a 13 month old, for some reason im always cleaning... lol. i dont get it. i just am. i love checking out goodwill and thirft stores and so does my little girl. its our thing, like it was me and my moms when i was young, and the same with my mom and grandma. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• When my son is at school i work on my home based businesses - sharing with other moms, and educating my business partners on their new business - after school 0 i spend the afternoon with my son
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have a 2 yr old boy and we have a picnic outside and it we cant do that then we do one inside. we always bake cookies and we dance!
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm not really a SAHM, but I stay at home with my 2 year old quite frequently since I work nights and have an odd school schedule. I make him help me clean, well I give him a small broom and dustpan if I'm sweeping, or a wet rag so he can 'wash' the walls :) The rice idea sounds awesome though, I might have to get some of that!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ? How do u clean up the rice tho? Ive heard if u leave it outside birds can literally explode from eating it. It a good idea! Let me know!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008