Which preschool time would you prefer?

So...we are already getting notices about the preschool schedule next year.
Ds will be 4, and will be going 4 days a week (3 hours a day). The options are 8am to 11am or 12pm to 3pm. He sleeps in until about 8:30am everyday, so I'm considering the afternoon class so as not to interrupt his sleep routine....but then I think about the following year and he will be going to kindergarten and will have to get up early for that, so why not have a year to practice and get into a routine and school schedule.
On the other hand, I have a 5 month old, and I can forsee it being difficult to get them both up and get him ready for class, breakfast, etc and to school by 8am. I keep leaning towards the afternoon session....but then I wonder how that will affect my youngests naptime. I know I have months to decides, and I'm totally rambling...
What would you do? Morning or Afternoon preschool???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would do Morning. My son is a morning person though so he is up and awake every morning by 7 at the latest. It would get your DS prepared for Kindergarten the next year. GL whichever you decide.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• well he might be so tired from preschool and they might both have a nap at the same time and then it will be a godsend to have him go in the morning. what time does the baby take the nap?
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would probably do morning too. So when my son gets home he can take his afternoon nap.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I always opted for the a.m. session so I had the remainder of the day free.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Personally my daugher is an only so I choose morning for her this year. I wanted her to get used to waking up and getting ready before she starts kindergarten
    Pandi653

Answer by Pandi653 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Morning
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We do after noon and I love it..
    number1mommy

Answer by number1mommy at 2:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Whatever works best for you but I do mornings since my Son still naps at around 2:00.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my son goes in the afternoon from about 11;45 to 2:15. the school picked the time though, it was the only open slot last year and since he did so well they kept him in it this year. i have a 5 month old, she usually falls asleep when we take him and when we pick him up- thats about all she naps right now!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We do afternoon pre-k, 12:30-3:30 and it works well for us. My younger son (21 mo) often naps while his brother is in school so that gives me a few hours to get things done... OR, I can run errands while he's at school (which I wouldn't be ready to do at 8am!) or me and my youngest can do playdates with our playgroup with just me and him.

Our kindergarten has morning and afternoon classes as well, so it's a 50/50 chance he'll have afternoon again next year.

I have run into the problem a couple of times when my youngest falls asleep just before I have to take him or pick him up... but he's to the point that I can load him in the car, drive over there and then get him home and back in bed all while he's sleeping. So, it's not been a huge issue.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010